I know, we have quite a few (virtual) reality shows on TV with a similar name. This one is a unique pure reality show, though! 😉
Welcome to THE SHOW OF THE 3rd MILLENIUM! We’ve had contestants from the 2nd MILLENIUM as well, right from the time the vehicle horn was invented. The show wasn’t as competitive, popular & successful then, as much as it is now!
Great? So how do you participate?
Damn simple! If you drive a vehicle in any part of the country, you already are a participant in the phenomenal success of the untold, unregulated & the free-for-all – “Honk India Honk” pure reality show.
Your sole ‘task‘ is to HONK HONK HONK HONK & HONK! (Yeah, jussst make a lot of *NOISE*! If you hit high decibel levels, they stimulate your, as well as other’s vehicles to perform better!) 😉
Tips to give your best “performance“:
- Honk to check if your vehicle’s battery is alive, even with the ignition off.
- Honk when you start your vehicle, just to check if the battery works. (Though it worked fine to start the vehicle, in the first place.)
- Honk to get the security guy to open up the gates for you. (Special tip: Repeat again, when you come back.)
- Honk to call your family & friends (F&F) to get into/onto the vehicle.
- Honk to just call your F&F to their window/balconies to talk to them loudly from your vehicle.
- Honk to announce the arrival of your “cavalcade” to all the low-beings on and around the street. MOVE SOME DIRT!
- Honk to get on to the road from your street; honk to get off the road onto your street
- Honk to get the vehicles before you to get off the road and make way for the ROYAL YOURSELFNESS!
- Honk if you’re late for work; honk even if you’re on time. BIG DEAL!
- Honk angrily if the signal just turned RED. DRATS… *@$%#^!
- Honk in frustration if the signal doesn’t turn GREEN quickly. WHAT-A-PAIN!
- Honk impatiently if the vehicles in front of you don’t move quickly when the signal has turned GREEN. DAMN THESE DUMB SNAILS!
- Honk just to irritate the drivers ahead of you, especially if one of them has given you a dirty look for honking already. WTF! HOW DARE HE/SHE?
- Honk at the traffic ahead of you; honk at the traffic coming from the opposite direction. SECULAR HONKING!
- Honk at the cud-chewing cow sitting right in the middle of the road. How come she DOESN’T KNOW that you’re in a hurry?
- Honk at the guy who just cut your path from the left. WHAT AN A*SEH*LE!
- Honk at the guy whose path you just cut from the right. WHAT AN IDIOT! Who gave him the license to drive?
- Honk at the crowded procession ahead of you. BLOODY ANTS!
- Honk at the large vehicles, honk at the small vehicles. NO DISCRIMINATION!
- Honk especially where there’s a NO HONKING sign. You score more points for sheer guts!
- Honk even if the road is empty & there’s no one to honk at. WHERE’S EVERYONE?
- Honk for NO REASON AT ALL! What the heck!?
More tips, from a popular e-mail in circulation – “Why do you honk your horn?“:
- Because it is there.
- It adds auditory colour to the intricate visual tapestry of day-to-day street existence.
- I bought it; I’m gonna use it.
- It is part of an essential bat-like sonar echolocation system.
- I beep, therefore I am.
- It stimulates milk production in the cows.
- It scares off potential attackers as I run the gauntlet.
- My horn switch has only one position.
- A hammer is to pound things with; a horn… duh!
- It helps keep me awake. (Popular with over-night bus drivers)
- Not honking through the fray
- Without my horn
- I feel forlorn
- I beep it all the day
- I cannot see…
- How I could be?
Interesting behaviourial explanation: Why we do what we do?